With the heat of SoCal’s summer fast approaching, it’s important to ensure that your air conditioning system is in working order. Even in beautiful Orange County, where there’s notoriously good weather, no one wants to go without a working AC unit on those particularly warm and arid days in August.
Routine maintenance helps ensure that your AC will run efficiently and effectively all season long, not just sparing you from the heat but helping you save money on energy bills and preventing costly repairs down the road. Having a professional inspect your AC system can help identify any potential issues before they become major problems.
At Complete Comfort Plumbing Heating & Air, our AC maintenance includes checking for worn-out parts or signs of damage that can be easily fixed now before becoming major issues that require expensive repairs later. A Spring inspection can also help prevent unexpected breakdowns during the hottest months of the year, when you’ll undoubtedly want your air conditioning system running at full capacity.
Getting regular maintenance for your AC can also help increase its lifespan. Cleaning and replacing filters ensures that no dirt or dust is circulating through the system, which can cause strain on the unit. Professional maintenance also includes lubrication for all moving parts to keep them running smoothly, as well as checking refrigerant levels to make sure everything is operating correctly.
Keep reading to learn about more benefits to getting your AC unit inspected before summer!
Preparing for Summer in the OC
Common air conditioning problems that we see among our OC residents, neighbors, and customers include:
- Low refrigerant – If the system is not adequately charged with refrigerant, it won’t be able to cool your home properly.
- Clogged filters – Dirtyfilters can reduce airflow, requiring your AC system to work harder than necessary.
- Leaky ducts – Poorlysealed or insulated ducts can lead to wasted energy and inefficient cooling.
- Leaking condensate lines – Ifthe condensate line is not functioning properly, it can cause water damage inside your home as well as higher energy bills.
- Faulty compressor – The compressor may need to be replaced if it has become damaged or faulty due to age or overuse.
What’s Included in a General AC Inspection?
To protect homeowners against these common problems, our AC maintenance service includes a thorough check of all the components of your system, including:
- Refrigerant levels – We’ll check refrigerant levels to ensure they’re correct, as too little or too much can lead to poor performance.
- Filters – We’ll inspect the filters to ensure they are clean and free from any debris or dust that might be blocking airflow.
- Ducts – We’ll look at any areas where cold air isn't reaching or where warm air is being leaked. This could indicate an issue with insulation in the ducts, which we can fix on the spot.
- Condensers and evaporators – These should all be checked for signs of damage such as rust or corrosion.
- Blower motor – We’ll make sure this is running properly and isn’t making strange noises. If any repairs are necessary, this will likely be the first place to look.
These are just some of the things included in an AC inspection; a full list of what to expect can be found on our AC maintenance page.
Why Hire a Professional HVAC Company vs. Inspecting the AC Unit Myself?
Hiring professionals for an AC inspection is generally the best option for a few reasons. First, it gives you peace of mind knowing that all the components in your system are being checked by a certified technician. Our professionals have the expertise and specialized tools needed to identify any issues that may be present, while also ensuring that your AC meets all safety and performance standards.
Additionally, hiring professionals will save you time and money in the long run as we can usually diagnose and repair any problems much more quickly than if you were to attempt to do it yourself. Plus, we’ll be able to provide advice on how to properly maintain your AC system going forward so you can get the most out of it over its lifetime.
Overall, having proper maintenance done for your AC before summer hits will ensure you have cool air circulating throughout your home with minimal hassle or costs. It’s a worthwhile investment that will pay off in the long run!
Invest in AC maintenance today by giving us a call at (949) 426-7377 or contacting us online. When you, we encourage you to ask about our Complete Comfort Club, which guarantees appointments and service at discounted rates.