Lake Forest Indoor Air Quality
High Quality Products for Healthier Air
Indoor air quality in homes and commercial buildings has a significant impact on health, comfort, productivity, sleep patterns, and even the integrity of the structure. Unfortunately, the indoor air is often up to five times dirtier than outside, according to the EPA. Complete Comfort Plumbing, Heating & Air offers solutions to improve indoor air quality in Lake Forest.
Effects of Poor Air Quality
The indoor air quality in residential and commercial buildings can be contaminated with a wide range of particulates and pollutants. This can result in triggering allergy and asthma symptoms, spread illness, and cause other respiratory health problems.
The indoor air may be contaminated by:
- Allergens, such as pollen and pet dander
- Household or industrial chemicals
- Tobacco smoke
- Mold spores
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Biological contaminants
The problem is intensified by the airtight nature of modern homes and commercial buildings. Better insulation, windows, and doors have created a building envelope that keeps the polluted air trapped inside. While this is excellent for the efficiency of heating and air conditioning systems, the lack of air exchange from indoors to outside has made indoor air quality even worse.
Methods for Improving Air Quality
A variety of equipment is available for improving indoor air quality in Lake Forest. The best solution for your air depends on the quality of the air and the specific contaminants that need to be targeted.
We install equipment to improve air quality, such as:
- Humidifiers – When the humidity is too low, it can cause a variety of problems, such as drying out your skin and hair, creating sinus pressure and dryness, causing wood flooring or furnishings to crack or split, and reducing the efficiency of heating equipment. Installing a humidifier can help you keep the humidity at optimal levels for health and comfort.
- Dehumidifiers – High humidity levels create an entirely different set of problems. A humid house is uncomfortable and the moisture can result in additional problems, such as mold growth and insect infestations. Installing a dehumidifier helps lower the humidity levels to prevent mold growth, create a more comfortable indoor environment, and the lower humidity allows you to raise the temperature which saves money.
- Air purifiers – An air purifier can filter out particulates in the air, which helps to reduce asthma and allergy symptoms, eliminate harmful chemicals, and leave the air fresher and smelling better. You may find that you are breathing easier and sleeping better when the air is cleaner.
- Ventilators – The V in HVAC stands for ventilation. Properly ventilated buildings have fewer impurities and harmful pollutants in the air. Ventilators help reduce moisture, improves energy efficiency, and creates a safe and healthy indoor atmosphere for your family or employees.
- UV lamps – Ultraviolet lights are effective for destroying airborne organisms, such as bacteria and mold. The lamps are installed in the HVAC system and purify the air as it passes through.
We can assess your air quality, listen to your concerns, and provide the information you need about various products to help you choose the right equipment for your residential or commercial property. Our factory trained, NATE certified technicians are well-qualified to handle the installation.
Call Comfort Plumbing Heating & Air at (949) 426-7377 to schedule air quality services.